Here are some statistics on the actual cost of treatments. Remember often insurance does not pay for these costs. This is from the RESOLVE website:
The American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) lists the average price of an in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycle in the U.S. to be $12,400. (ASRM does not qualify if this includes medications.) RESOLVE encourages all clinics to post updated pricing on their websites.
- Average cost of an IUI cycle: $865; Median Cost: $350
- Average Cost of an IVF cycle using fresh embryos (not including medications): $8,158; Median Cost: $7,500
- Average additional cost of ICSI procedure:$1,544; Median Cost: $1,500
- Average additional cost of PGD procedure: $3,550; Median Cost: $3,200 (Note: Medications for IVF are $3,000 $5,000 per fresh cycle on average.)
Several interesting trends in clinic pricing have surfaced:
- In areas with few infertility clinics, prices, on average, are higher
- High cost of living does not equate to high treatment costs
- IUI prices ranged from $275 to $2,457—a huge differential. Some prices quoted include medications, blood work and sonograms; others do not—hence the huge price differential.
- ICSI prices across the country are within $500 of each other—$1,000 to $1,500.
For more info read the whole fact sheet here.